The Instant Pot IP DUO 60 7 1 programmable pressure cooker is a wonderful addition to any kitchen. It is more than just a brand name electric pressure cooker, it’s 7 in 1 features alone make it a desirable kitchen appliance for more than just the typical one dish meals provided by other power pressure cookers.
Table of Contents
- 1 What is so special about the Instant Pot IP DUO 60 7 in 1 Programmable Pressure Cooker?
- 2 Features of the DUO60:
- 3 The Instant Pot IP DUO 60 is a 7-in-1 Programmable Multi-Functional Pressure Cooker
- 4 Instant Pot 7 1 Electric Pressure Cooker -Designed with Safety in Mind
- 5 Instant Pot 7 1 Programmable Pressure Cooker Settings and Function Keys
- 6 14 Built in Micro-Processor smart programs:
- 7 Instant Pot IP Duo 60 7 – 1 Sale
- 8 Common Questions Before Purchasing
- 9 What Comes in the Package?
- 10 What is the difference in the Instant Pot IP DUO 60 and the IP-DUO 50?
- 11 What are the dimensions?
- 12 Is it noisy?
- 13 Is it easy to clean?
- 14 Is it easy to use?
- 15 Does it have accessories?
- 16 How is Instant Pot’s cooking pot made ?
- 17 Why doesn’t Instant Pot operate at 15psi?
- 18 What temperatures does Instant Pot operate at for different settings?
- 19 Can I do canning with Instant Pot IP DUO 60?
- 20 Features Overview:
- 21 Watch the Complete Overview of the Instant Pot IP DUO 60 Electric Pressure Cooker –
- 22 Related posts:
What is so special about the Instant Pot IP DUO 60 7 in 1 Programmable Pressure Cooker?
The Instant Pot IP DUO 60 7 in 1 is more than your average electric pressure cooker, it is a 7 in 1 programmable pressure cooker. If you are like me you have a rice cooker, slow cooker, veggie steamer, and a pressure cooker all taking up space in your pantry, closets, and cabinets. With the DUO you can do all of that in one. I was able to get rid of all those extra appliances and downsize to one appliance.
Features of the DUO60:
Instant Pot IP DUO 60 was made with the consumer in mind. The features outweigh themselves. From the 14 programmable settings to the safety mechanisms this affordable appliance is sure to one of your favorites in the kitchen. Those of you with limited space, busy lifestyles, college students, and looking to condense their kitchen appliances will love this cooker.
Speeds up cooking up to 6 times faster using 70% less energy. The dual pressure settings make for fast and flexible cooking. When cooking on high pressure it reduces cooking time by up to 70% and the low pressure avoids overcooking delicate food. Those with busy lifestyles will love this.
With the built in timer you can plan your meals ahead of time. Set the timer up to 24 hours, and walk out the door or head for bed knowing that your food will be ready when you are. Running late, the automatic keep warm function will keep your food warm for up to 10 hours.
A pork chop will stay a pork chop unlike in a slow cooker food consistency is preserved exceptionally well. Due to the regulated cooking times and the temperature being regulated at a consistency to keep it from violently boiling and breaking your food down like in a typical slow cooker. If you want your food broken down you can stir it up and it will come apart easily.
The Instant Pot IP DUO 60 is a 7-in-1 Programmable Multi-Functional Pressure Cooker
It is all of these kitchen appliances in one:
- Pressure cooker
- Slow cooker
- Rice cooker / Porridge Maker
- Saute pan
- Yogurt maker
Instant Pot 7 1 Electric Pressure Cooker -Designed with Safety in Mind
10 Proven Safety Mechanisms –
- Safety Lid Lock – This prevents accidental opening of the cooker while it is pressurized.
- Pressure Sensor – Regulates temperature to insure it is under the safety limit of 15.23 psi (105kpa).
- Smart Detection of Leaky Lid – Lets you know when you have a leaky lid.
- Anti-Blockage Vent – Prevents food and debris from cooking from blocking the vent.
- Lid Position Detection – Monitors that the lid is in a safe position for pressure cooking using a magnetic sensor.
- Automatic Pressure Controller – Keeps pressure in the safe range at all times.
- Excess Pressure Protection – In the event of excess pressure this will release the excess into an internal chamber.
- Automatic Temperature Control – Temperature is regulated based on the program you have selected.
- High Temperature Monitoring – Keeps food from burning.
- Automatic Shut Off – The electrical current and temperature fuse will cut off power to the unit in the event of internal temperature exceeding the safety limits.
Instant Pot 7 1 Programmable Pressure Cooker Settings and Function Keys
14 Built in Micro-Processor smart programs:
- Soup – For cooking soup and broth.
- Sauté – Used for open lid sautéing, browning or simmering. Has 3 temperatures.
- Steam – Steam vegetables, seafood or reheating with the enclosed steam rack.
- Rice – For cooking regular rice or parboiled rice.
- Porridge – Makes porridge of various grains.
- Multigrain – Cooks mixed grains of wild rice, hard brown rice, mung beans,
- Slow Cook – Allows you to use your Instant Pot as a common slow cooker using 3 temperatures. Select time between 0.5 ~ 20 hours just set the accompanying lid to vent.
- Keep-Warm – Keeps food warm up to 99 hours and 50 minutes.
- Yogurt – 3 functions to make yogurt, pasteurize milk, and make Jiu Niang (aka
fermented glutinous rice). Can heat the milk for pasteurization and fermentation, making yogurt in either jars or the cooking pot for up to 5L of milk.
- Manual – Allows manual setting of cooking time. The time set in this mode is pressure cooking time which will begin to count down when working pressure is reached. The maximum pressure cooking time is 240 minutes.
- Timer – For delayed cooking time up to 24 hours.
Instant Pot IP Duo 60 7 – 1 Sale
Common Questions Before Purchasing
What Comes in the Package?
- 18/8 Stainless steel steam rack with handles
- Condensation collector
- Rice paddle
- Soup spoon
- Measuring cup
What is the difference in the Instant Pot IP DUO 60 and the IP-DUO 50?
When it comes to features and safety there is no difference. IP-DUO series comes in two models:
- IP-DUO60 has a 6qt cooking pot and a 1000W heating element
- IP-DUO50 has a 5qt cooking pot and a 900W heating element
What are the dimensions?
Is it noisy?
Is it easy to clean?
Yes, it has a non stick inner pot that is dishwasher safe. If food gets stuck simply put water in the insert with a squirt of dish soap and turn your Instant Pot on saute’ medium. Put the lid on and let it sit for a while. A wooden spatula will scrape it off just like deglazing a pan.
Is it easy to use?
Does it have accessories?
There are accessories that you can buy for it, however everything you need to start using it comes in the box with it. You do not have to have the optional slow cooker lid to use the slow cooker setting. You can use the lid that comes with it set with the vent open.
How is Instant Pot’s cooking pot made ?
Instant Pot’s cooking pot is first made with a sheet of 18/8 food grade 304 stainless steel. Then an aluminum disc and an cover disc of stainless steel bottom are fused on. The aluminum disc is not exposed to food or outside. The fusing process leaves some soldering marks at the inside of the cooking pot. These soldering marks are polished away to create a highly polished inner surface, making the cooking pot less sticky to food and easier to clean. The cooking pot is then sprayed with mineral oil for better presentation.
There is no metal coating on the surface of the cooking pot.
Why doesn’t Instant Pot operate at 15psi?
Instantpot.com says –
The choice of a lower working pressure in Instant Pot is a trade-off of function and cost. The pressure cooker industry safety standard ANSI/UL-136 has a stress test case which requires no leaking at 5 times the working pressure. For 15psi cookers, this is 75psi; for 11.6psi Instant Pot, this is 58psi. The differences in material and construction are huge. We could build an Instant Pot that operates at 15psi, but not at under $150 level. It would be more like $300~500 level and our research indicates that most people are not willing to buy in that price range.
On the other hand, operating at 10.15~11.6 psi only results in 7~15% increase in cooking time, i.e. about 3 more minutes in a 30 minute cooking. With the set-and-forget convenience, the extra cooking is more than tolerable. Furthermore, thanks to the air-insulated housing, maintaining pressure for the extra time consumes very little electricity. Our study shows that Instant Pot uses less than half of electricity comparing with a stove-top on a electric range, taking the same length of time.
What temperatures does Instant Pot operate at for different settings?
Can I do canning with Instant Pot IP DUO 60?
It is not suggested that you can using the Instant Pot. However, you can hot water bath or use the boiling water method for canning in it. Refer to the “USDA Complete Guide to Home Canning” for more details.
Instant Pot can be used for boiling-water canning. However, Instant Pot has not been tested for food safety in pressure canning by USDA. Due to the fact that programs in Instant Pot IP-CSG, IP-LUX and IP-DUO series are regulated by a pressure sensor instead of a thermometer, the elevation of your location may affect the actual cooking temperature. For now, we wouldn’t recommend using it.
Watch the Complete Overview of the Instant Pot IP DUO 60 Electric Pressure Cooker –